Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blue Mountain National Park


For the weekend, I headed to the blue mountain national park and the town of Katoomba. I checked into a YHA hostel and set off into the national park. I was out of the range of my map quickly and wandered around the trails aimlessly. I came back to the hostel to find that everyone cooks at YHA hostels which I would take advantage of the next day. It is very quiet that night and at least half of the guests are over 40 years old. I meet a German guy that night and we decide to hike the next day. The next day we go to ruined castle, a very cool hike and climb the golden staircase on the way. I probably did close to 40 kilometers over the two days. I bought some beer and came back to the hostel and offered them out to make more friends, in return I had dinner made for me of salmon, potatoes, squash, and steak. The crowd was a girl from Santa Cruz, two Canadians, one Scottish, two Germans, two French, and an Irish. We stayed up late playing a guitar that I checked out from the hostel, drinking wine, and telling stories.

1 comment: