Monday, February 9, 2009

Newcastle


I once again took a weekend train trip from Sydney. But this weekend I went to Newcastle with no plans except for what hostel I was checking into. I go for a run when I get there and get very lost seeing incredible beaches, beautiful lighthouse, and a cool little part of the town. The hostel is right on the beach. I find myself in a poker game just after getting back with 5 other guys (German and Canadian). After the game we hang out, meet more people and go out to some bars which weren’t much fun. The next day I take a free surfing lesson which is awesome and meet a bunch of girls (German and Canadian, I think this will be the theme of my time in Australia). Played a couple more games of poker, watched a couple of movies and wandered around. On Sunday I was pretty sun burnt by 11 o’clock (they claimed it was going to be 37 degrees), had another surf lesson, played a game of poker and headed back to Sydney. Absolutely the most beautiful beaches I have seen since I was backpacking in Hawaii 10 years ago. I will definitely go back and spend some more time there. I wonder what grad programs they have at the university…

No comments:

Post a Comment