Friday, February 20, 2009

Settled in Sydney?


Wednesday the 18th of February really wasn’t that unusual of a day. I didn’t do anything crazy but I think I will talk about it for a minute. I woke up had a bowl of muesli, took a shower, and caught a bus to the city. Once in the city I stopped by Trek and Travel and picked up a packet of catalogs to read before starting work next week. That will probably deserve its own entry some day. I then walked up towards the ferry and bought a set of headphones (my headphones got messed up in Ecuador because of the humidity and I finally gave up on them). I caught the ferry from the city to Manly (during the trip an apartment I wanted to see in Manly called me and a bunch of people glared at me for talking on the phone). I walked over to the Allens’ house and met Allen Yulle (sp?) for some tea. Allen Hill showed up and we went for a walk and then had lunch (they know how to eat) Mediterranean salad, potatoes, corn on the cob and kangaroo steaks. I was pissed that I only brought jeans (it was raining when I left) because at this point it is beautiful and everyone goes for a swim except me so I walk around exploring Manly a bit. I drop by the apartment and its right on the beach, everything is cool, unfurnished and really expensive. I then bolt out catch the ferry back and jump on a bus to Maroubra (most southern beach that I know of in Sydney). The apartment smells like cigarettes the second I walk in so that’s probably a no but she offers me a beer so I hang out and chat with her, she was very nice. I catch a bus transfer to another bus to Bondi and meet 2 new guys in an apartment in the most popular beach in Sydney. Another cool place. I mess up leaving their place and the bus driver tells me in the middle of nowhere that this is the last stop. A couple gives me directions to the bus I want but there is an Italian restaurant right next to the bus stop so I sit down for dinner. I was thinking about how cool the Manly place was but that I couldn’t afford it and the guy from Manly calls to say the place is mine if I want it and I say yes. Totally irresponsible but brilliant. I catch two busses and a train back to Balmain for quite a productive day. I spent over $30 on public transportation in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment